Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Take Me Away...to the Land of Nod



I love The Land of Nod.  Like borderline obsessive sort of love.  Their new catalog came in the mail a few weeks ago and I can't stop looking at it.  And after I look at the catalog I of course jump on the computer to peruse their website to be sure that I didn't miss anything good.  Which of course I did, because the website has so many more products and choices to see!  And then when I'm bored I look at the catalog again.  And then back to the computer.  It's like the predictable cycle in the "If You Give a (Mouse, Cat, Pig, etc.)" books.  My title is "If You Give a Heather a Land of Nod Catalog".  And it ends something like this - and chances are if you give her a catalog, she'll want to buy something.  Or several somethings.

It doesn't help matters that I'm in the process of decorating Addyson's "big girl" room.  Of course, I need to keep looking at the catalog and website for ideas and inspiration.  And maybe to place an order or two.  Okay, so I already placed one order.  Two if you count the one from December, but I'm going with one since it's a new year now.

Beautiful Jenny Lind bed!
Let's start with how stinkin cute The Land of Nod products are.  Cute doesn't seem to do them justice though.  I mean, really - I just want to jump right into the catalog.  Like on Mary Poppins when they jump into the sidewalk drawings.  I want to do that with my catalog.  The colors, the whimsy, the functionality - all of it appeals to me.

"Flowers Ink-a-Dink" kit to make paper chains
And how bout the clever names that they give their products?  They don't just sell rugs - they sell Magic Carpets (the non-flying edition according to their website) and the Braidy Bunch rug (no I didn't misspell that, they actually mean braidy as in braided).  And they don't just sell storage solutions - they sell I Think I Canvas bins (made out of, you guessed it - canvas!) and Bin There Done That book bins.  See?  The product names are catchy and fun, and just saying some of them makes me smile.  And who doesn't want to buy a product that makes them smile simply by saying it's name?  Maybe I'm a sucker but I think that their product naming is genius!


Take a look at some of my favorite products from The Land of Nod:
White activity table.
Who wouldn't want this for their playroom?

"And You Brought a Clip" jumbo wall clips perfect for displaying art!

"As You Wish" upholstered bed in pink zigzag fabric.

"Over the River and Through the Rug" interactive rug.
See what I mean about the clever product names?

Storage cubbies for desk top or mounted on a wall.
Those are just a few of my favorite things from the newest catalog.  
If you want to learn more about how this uber cool company came to be click here.  Even their story is fun to read!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete