Friday, February 17, 2012

Nifty Thrifty?



Tomorrow I am embarking on a one woman adventure to do something that I have never done before.  I'm going antique/thrift store shopping.  The thought makes me a little excited and a lot nervous.

I soooo want to be one of those people that can go to an antique/thrift store, yard sale or flea market and find amazing bargains on amazing items, but I'm so not.  At least I don't think that I am.  I'm not sure really because I have never tried.  I'm scared to try.  Thanks to HGTV and all of the DIY blogs that I follow I have very high hopes for this whole thrifting thing.  Yet something tells me that I'm going to come home empty handed.

I suppose I should go into it with a better attitude than that but I hate being disappointed, so maybe if I think the worst then I will be pleasantly surprised.  Or maybe I will still be disappointed.  Only one way to find out and I intend to do just that.

I'm sort of thinking that this sort of shopping takes practice and a lot of trial and error.  Hopefully I can find enough patience to become good at it.  Lord knows that I'm good at regular shopping!

So what exactly is it that I'm looking for tomorrow?  Good question.  I'm not really sure.  I have a few ideas of things that I might like to buy but I'm also sort of going with the laid back attitude of "if something jumps out at me then maybe I'll buy it".   Anything that reminds me of my Grandma's house stands a pretty good chance of ending up in the back of my car.  I'm also thinking it might be fun to find an old dresser or armoire to use in Addyson's room and maybe some sort of chair or bench for her room too.  Old picture frames are also on my list.

Wish me luck and look for a follow up post next week!  Depending on how things go that post could be a really short one or a really long one!  And if anyone out there has any tips on thrift shopping I would love to hear them.

No comments:

Post a Comment