Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Super Bowl, Super Food

I love to eat.  I love to cook.  I love to entertain.  And I realllllllllly LOVE Madonna.  So naturally I loved this year's Super Bowl.  Throw in the fact that Tom Brady and Eli Manning are both cuties and that Jimmy Fallon was on live after the game, and I loved this Super Bowl Sunday almost as much as I love my husband.  Ok, maybe not quite that much but you get the point.

We had some good eats this year!  Here are a few photos and recipes.  And how cute (albeit simple and sparse) is the football decor that I scored at Hobby Lobby and Wal-Mart?

The spread included slow cooker pulled pork sandwiches, cheesy potato casserole, buffalo chicken dip, pigs in a blanket, and plenty of other munchies.

Football napkins from Wal-Mart.

It's not a party with out some ice cold beverages!
I still love this galvanized metal drink bucket that I've had for years!

I don't typically think of desserts when I think about Super Bowl parties but this one was too tempting NOT to make:
Peanut butter/chocolate chip dip!  This was too die for!
I found the recipe here.
A few other recipes from our menu:

Slow Cooker Pulled Pork (for sandwiches) - All Recipes

Buffalo Chicken Dip - 
1 small  package cream cheese
1/2 c. Roka blue cheese dressing
1/2 c. buffalo wing sauce
1 package pre-cooked Southwest flavored chicken (diced into small pieces)

Place all ingredients in a microwave safe bowl and cover w/paper towel.  Microwave on high for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.  Serve w/crackers and celery for dipping.






No comments:

Post a Comment