Monday, April 23, 2012

Craft, Decorate, Repeat {The Story of My Life}

It has been 5 months since we moved (wow, has it really been that long already?) and I have literally been crafting and decorating nonstop since November.  Not only is this house slightly larger than our old one in North Carolina, but it has a much different floor plan, which has required a lot of re-working in the decorating department.  We gained one full bathroom and finally transitioned Addyson to her Big Girl Room, so the home decorating projects have been continuous and many of them have been do-it-yourselfers. 

I really enjoy DIY projects, mainly because I'm strange like that and crafting/creating is fun for me, but also because we are on a tight budget and DIY is usually more cost effective.  It may take more time and effort but in the end it's always usually worth it.  I like seeing my own work around the house and I feel some sense of accomplishment when my projects are completed.

Here's a peek at some of the DIY crafting/decorating projects that I have completed over the past 5 months.  Please forgive the randomness - these projects are from various rooms - but I've literally been all over the place while decorating this house!  I'm also really bad at remembering to take "before" photos so these are all "finished product" shots.

Shelf in guest bedroom - spray painted old shelf black
and used vases and live/love letters from old dining room.

Toy room decor - used acrylic paint, $2 photo frames
and FREE printables from internet.  

Clothesline picture frames - made using old Ikea frames w/front
removed.  Added paint and used fishing wire and mini clothespins
to create photo displays.

DIY bulletin boards - made using foam boards
and fabric from Hobby Lobby.

Anthropologie inspired letters made with supplies
from Hobby Lobby.

These are just a few of my smaller completed DIY projects and there are many more to come!

Get the free state/country printables here.
And see the tutorial for the Anthropologie inspired zinc letters here.

No comments:

Post a Comment