Friday, April 20, 2012

Addysons Big Girl Room

Mission complete!  For now.  There are still a few very small details that I would like to add to the room, but nothing that is going to make or break it.  All of the big projects are finally complete so I am ready to share this room transformation in it's entirety.

I can't even remember when we officially started working on The Big Girl Room Project, but I do know that it has been ongoing for about 3 months.  It has been a true labor of love and has consisted of several DIY projects (translation -  I did most of the work), but Addyson loves her room so it was all well worth it!

This was my inspiration room found on Pinterest:
Pink and powder blue color scheme.
Here's how our room transformation went down:
The bed came first and is a very basic and inexpensive piece from Target.  I like the platform style, simple lines, drawers underneath for storage and of course - the price!  There was a coordinating bookcase headboard which we opted not to buy for budget reasons, but now I'm wishing that we had.  Of course, it's no longer available!  Instead the plan in to pile pillows of various sizes and fabrics where the headboard would be so that it doesn't look quite so barren there.  The pillow project is on my very short list of things that still need to be done in the room.
White platform "Delano" bed from Target.
There are 3 storage drawers on the front but they are hidden buy the duvet.

Next came the dresser.  This piece was a donation from my sister and required some work but it turned out well!  Click here to read the full post on the dresser makeover.
The dresser AFTER it's makeover!

The tissue poms and pinwheel garland are DIY projects that I made.  Both were simple and inexpensive.  I found several great tutorials online and used bits and pieces from each to come up with my own how-to.  
Pinwheel garland made using scrapbook paper, brads and ribbon.

And last but certainly least - The Gallery Wall.  This was the last phase of the room to be completed and took the most time and effort, but I LOVE it!  Click here to read the full post on the gallery wall.
The completed gallery wall.
And there you have it - Addyson's Big Girl Room!  
View from hallway

Overall I am beyond happy with the way that everything turned out.  I do wish that we could have painted the entire room to maximize the effect of the pink/blue color scheme, but since this home is a rental there are limitations.  I'm actually not sure that we are supposed to paint at all, so at least this way we only have 1 wall to "unpaint" if necessary.

Full view of gallery wall w/dresser.
This has been such a fun project for me, and Addyson was all smiles each time I showed her something new for her room, so that made it even more special and worth my time and efforts.  Next up will be Cooper's Big Boy Room but we have a few months to prep for that one!

Random Details:
Duvet cover - The Land of Nod
Pink storage baskets - The Land of Nod
House pillow - The Land of Nod (no longer available)
White flower pillow - Target 
Rug - Target
Pink jewelry form (on dresser) - Hobby Lobby
Elephant piggy bank - Pottery Barn Kids (used again from nursery)
Pink tray (on dresser) - Target "Dollar Spot"
Crystal perfume bottles (on tray) - Target
Blue watering can (on tray) - JoAnn Fabrics and Crafts
Paint color - "Bewitching Blue" by Sherwin-Williams











No comments:

Post a Comment