Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Going Back To Cali

Remember that song by LL Cool J?  "I'm going back to Cali, Cali, Cali..."  It's been in my head since we made the very difficult decision to pack up and move our family.  Only we're not going back to Cali.  We're going back to Iowa.  Words I never thought I would say (or sing).



Maybe a more appropriate song title would be "Take Me Home Country Roads."  To the place I belong. Or so it seems that we belong there for the time being.  Matt was offered a job there, and not only is it a great opportunity for him, but for our whole family.  It's an opportunity that would be silly and irresponsible to pass up, so we're going to give it a try.

And speaking of family, ours will be close by now so that will be a luxury that we've never had before.  Maybe, just maybe, Matt and I can ditch the kids with my parents and sneak away for a weekend.  Or even just one night.  Or even for a few hours.  Sadly, it's been years since that has happened.

Having family so close is one of the few perks that I can think of when it comes to leaving North Carolina and heading back to the MidWest.  I'm trying not to dwell on all of the reasons why I don't want to leave and focus on the reasons why this move will be good for us, and family is by far #1 on that list.

Thankfully we have some time before we have to leave so I plan on spending that time not only with friends, but also visiting my favorite restaurants, shops, and other Charlotte spots that I'm going to miss. And there are many.  I'll be sure to blog about each spot along the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment