Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Hello Yellow (and gray)!

So I am loving the yellow and gray color scheme right now and it just so happens that we are moving to a new home soon, soooooooo I am already decorating it in my head.  The home has an open floor plan with the kitchen and living areas flowing together into a great room sort of thing, so I have a fairly large space to work with there and thought it would be the perfect place to try out my new favorite color scheme.

Doesn't looking at this color make you smile?

There is something very crisp and clean, yet cheery and fun about the yellow and gray combo.  It's also sort of a modern/contemporary scheme without being too far out there.

Here are some things that I am eyeing for our new home in Iowa:

Cute artwork from Etsy.


Pyramid mirror by Dwell Studio

I love chevron and I love Dwell Studio so this is the perfect rug!

Fabric by Dwell Studio

Pillow from Z Gallerie

Pillow by Dwell Studio for Target.


Dining chair from Ikea w/dark gray upholstery.

So one upside to moving - I get to redecorate:)  And in case you didn't notice, I'm also loving Dwell Studio these days!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE it! My favorite sweater right now is actually yellow with grey stripes. We're on the same page! Have fun decorating too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been obsessed with this combo too!

    ReplyDelete