Friday, April 29, 2011

Coming Down

Ahhhhh, I'm coming down from my Easter high!

As with Christmas and birthday parties, I feel a little sad that all of my hard work is about to be boxed up and stowed away and probably forgotten (until next year anyway).  My supply of Easter decor was acceptable before and worked well enough, but this year I worked for weeks to create a fun, whimsical and pretty presentation around the house.  I made countless trips to Michael's, Wal-Mart and Target and spent a lot of time on DIY projects, not to mention all of the time that I spent sitting in front of the computer perusing various websites for inspiration.  I had so many ideas that I couldn't even get to them all, and now I won't have the chance to because it's all over!  

I'll be honest, so far the only things that have been put away are the egg shaped placemats from our kitchen table and a vase that was holding some foil wrapped chocolate eggs, so the Easter tear down process is moving in slow motion.  That's mostly because I've been procrastinating, but also because I haven't had the time to dedicate to the clean up.  If I'm going to put it away I want it all to go at the same time!  Get it over and done with.  So I guess we all know how I'll be spending my weekend.

The good news is that there aren't any holidays coming up that require much attention to decorating so I can take a little break.  Little being the key word there.  I have a birthday party to plan in June for a special 3 year old and then we're on to 4th of July...

And my wheels are spinning again!

No comments:

Post a Comment