Monday, March 7, 2011

Fashion Fun

I promised some fashion talk and some not so lengthy posts so here ya go!

Those that know me well know that I am obsessed with children's clothing.  I always have been, even before having children.  I have an AA in fashion merchandising, and when I was in college many of my projects were based on a children's clothing store (an imaginary one that I named Teeter Totters).  While all of my friends worked at stores where they could buy clothing, accessories and other items for themselves I worked at Limited Too and dressed little girls.  Retail wasn't the greatest job but I really enjoyed working with children and all of the adorable little people clothing.  After college I worked in retail management at Limited Too and Gymboree and then went on to do an internship with Baby Guess.  Ultimately I landed in the handbag/accessories world but never lost interest in children's clothing.

I still can't pinpoint exactly what it is about children's clothing that keeps me so enthralled but whatever it is I can't get away from it.  I dream of owning a children's clothing boutique someday and it even has a name (it's a secret but I can tell you that it is not Teeter Totters).  I also keep a list of designers and brands that I would sell at my pretend boutique and I have ideas of what the interior of my store would look like.  Is that odd?

I could sit in front of the computer all day looking at different designers and drooling over their amazing creations.  My newest favorite is Persnickety clothing - www.persnicketyclothing.com.  So beautiful!  If our money tree was blooming right now I would buy one of everything!  Unfortunately the tree is quite barren these days, but just looking at this line of clothing makes me happy.  I would definitely sell it in my boutique:)




I'm thinking of doing a Designer Spotlight blog once a month and sharing some of my favorite children's brands with everyone.  It will be sooooo fun for me to write and hopefully fun for all of you to read so be on the lookout for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment