Thursday, July 26, 2012

Oh FALL, Where For Art Thou?

So I realize that this post may make me seem a bit fickle since I just wrote this post  about longing for spring a mere 5 1/2 months ago, but it has been a brutal summer with record breaking high temperatures and severe drought conditions, so my desire for cooler temps and fall apparel is growing by the day.

Yes, I was complaining about heavy jackets and static (blah, blah, blah) and I was beyond ready to break out my sundresses and flip flops (which I still find a million times more comfortable that jeans and a static filled sweater) back in February, but now that I've practically worn holes in every sundress, skirt and tank top that I own I'm ready to move on to the next season.  Which hopefully will be a true fall with mild temperatures and a few months of crisp and cool days before winter comes blowing in.

It has been so hot this summer that even a tank top and shorts don't provide much comfort or reprieve from the heat.  I'm not even sure of the last time that I wore shoes other than flip flops because the heat causes my already chubby feet to swell to the point that they begin to spill out of any strappy sandals that I might attempt to wear nearly cuttting off the circulation to my lower appendages (namely my piggies).  And wearing some of my favorite jewelry like big, chunky rings isn't so fun either when said items end up stuck on my fingers.  For of you that don't know, I'm an accessories kind of girl all the way.  
Ring from Express
If I'm being honest though, there's more to my wanting the season to change than just the weather.  Yes, the heat is almost unbearable and it's hard to look good when the make-up is melting right off of my sweaty face, but there's more to the story.  Retailers and designers start sending out sneak peeks of their fall collections in early June (if not before), and many also offer pre-orders on these items.  Even Old Navy has jumped on the "pre-order bandwagon"!  My e-mail inbox and Facebook page have been flooded with fall previews and pre-order offers for well over a month now.  And even though it's 100+ degrees outside and it won't be cool enough to wear most of these items for at least 2 more months, I find myself having a strong desire to start placing orders.

Just looking at some of the clothing and boots makes me sweat right now but lately I find myself spending more and more of my "me time" sitting in front of the computer  looking at page after page of the new fall trends and must have items.

Here is the Pantone color palette for fall:



Very similar to the bright colors from this past spring but with tones that are a little deeper and more rich.  I think I love them all but my favorites are Honey Gold, Olympian Blue and Tangerine Tango.  I'm still intrigued by Pantone (apparently the "world-renowned authority on color") and the whole concept of having a Color of the Year (Tangerine Tango for 2012).  Click here for more info on Pantone's Color Report for Fall 2012.


Here are a few of the items on my "Must Have List" for fall:

"Smokestack" boots from Spool No. 72

The RockStar superskinny denim in Honeycomb from Old Navy

Essie nail polish in Mesmerized

Handbag from Express

And while I'm at it, here are a few things for the kids (because as you know I actually enjoy shopping for them even more than I do for myself).


Shirt, skirt and headband from Persnickety Clothing

Girls' Roxie shoe from Livie and Luca

Spade print long sleeve shirt from Fore!!Axel and Hudson

Boys' Rex shoe from Livie and Luca
How can you NOT want to shop for fall with all of this deliciousness out there??? Now here's to hoping that we actually get to experience fall before we have to cover this cuteness up with bulky winter coats and snow boots!






No comments:

Post a Comment