Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Confession

I have a confession to make.  This might not come as a surprise to those that know me well as I have been described as being anal, obsessive and overly organized just to name a few - but I am a compulsive list maker.  That's right, I can't stop making lists.

Right now I am sitting here at the desk and I am writing a list of new recipes that I would like to try (mostly from Pinterest), along with a grocery list and a list of books for the kids to check out the next time we go to the library.  That last one is totally random and unrelated to the other 2 lists, but it popped into my brain so I thought I better do it while I was thinking about it.  Oh, and I almost forgot - there is also a list of items that I am planning to sell on ebay and possible prices for each.

Yesterday I made a list of all of the items that I would like to purchase for the empty wall in our living room along with their prices and where to order them from.  The day before that was a list of clothing items that I want to order for the girls from some of my favorite online retailers.

I start so many lists each day that I usually forget to finish them all or end up losing at least one or two.  I have lists on post-it notes, in notebooks, on random pieces of paper and even some saved on the computer (which seems like the best option since those are less likely to be lost or thrown away).

As I was typing this I started making a mental list of future blog posts to write.  I haven't had much to say lately and I've also been lazy when it comes to typing my thoughts but I just got a few ideas while sitting here.  Add that to my list of lists.

So I'm off to complete my grocery list and maybe another one - unless I start a new one first!

No comments:

Post a Comment