Thursday, September 1, 2011

Back to School Fun

I've been slacking on the blog writing lately but that doesn't mean that I don't have anything to share.  It just means that I am a busy momma with 2 of my 3 kids back in school - different schools this year, which makes it even more difficult to juggle schedules - and 1 little guy by my side at all times.  Not a lot of time to get (and keep) the creative juices flowing or to sit down at the computer and type my thoughts.

So school is back in session and for the first time this year I got really into it and did some fun and crafty things to make this time of year extra special.  I've mentioned before that I love a reason (any reason) to have a party or decorate or bake or just celebrate!  So why not do those things for Back to School?

My oldest started kindergarten this year so that got me feeling especially sentimental and really wanting to make great memories for my kids as they head off to school.  We always take the standard 1st day of school photos - new outfits, new backpacks, etc. but this year I wanted to do more.

Lucky for me there are tons of great Back to School ideas floating around out there!  So many that I wasn't able to do everything that I wanted to do.  Thank goodness we have many, many years of school ahead of us so I will have plenty of opportunities to use all of these ideas.

Here's a peek of some of the Back to School cuteness that I found on various blogs and other sites:

I made a few of these pencil vases (super easy) for a Welcome Back breakfast at our preschool but I skipped the homemade Oreo apple pops and used real flowers instead.  Great idea from Shindig Parties To Go.

I never got around to making these but it's such a cute and simple way to make plain old cupcakes part of the Back to School theme!  Hershey's candy bars are used for chalkboards and red M&M's make the apple!  Photo from Amazing Moms.

Love these printable signs to use as photo props for 1st Day pictures!  Free from  I Heart Naptime!

We made these pencil treats for Rylee's friends before they headed off to Kindergarten and they were a hit!  Rolo candies and a Hershey's kiss make a cute pencil.  From The Blackberry Vine.

Amazing faux dessert table - all of the items are actually school supplies and are not edible but what a fun idea!  From the always amazing Amy Atlas.

And Back to School time is officially in high gear!  I hope that your little ones are enjoying the start of an amazing school year!

No comments:

Post a Comment