Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The Empty Wall

So there is this rather large and very empty wall in our new home that is driving me crazy.  It is on the main floor of the house between the front section of the house (entryway, office, Cooper's room) and the great room, also right at the top of the stairs that go down to the basement level.  So you could say that it's located in a high traffic area of the house, in a location that I have to view about a million times each day.  It taunts me all day every day.  "Look at me, I'm empty and barren and boring to look at.  Why don't you get creative and put something on me?  Na-na-na-boo-boo!"  The wall is also quite immature.

The Empty Wall
Problem is this - I have no clue what to put there.  The built-in cabinets are directly beside the empty wall and I have already created a large photo display there so I feel like hanging photos would be redundant.  On the other side of the fireplace on that same wall there are canvases and a mirror so those are out too.  I suppose that shelves would suffice but they would need to be large enough to occupy that space and then what would I put on them?  I already have vases and photos all over that room.  Furniture there would be tricky due to the fact that it's at the top of the staircase and there isn't much space width/depth wise.  I have length and height to work with but not much depth.

Full view of the wall from the kitchen area.
I can't take it much longer.  That wall has been sticking it's tongue out at me every day for the past 4 months.  Aside from not being able to find gray slipcovers for the sofa and loveseat that wall is the most difficult and challenging design task that I have faced in this house.  Why can't I think of something - anything - to put on that darn wall????  Stupid wall.
I feel like more pictures here would be overkill.
Other options???
If anyone out there would like offer their design expertise I am ready for suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment