Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Back to School {continued}

Our 1st days of school were a success!  Rylee is officially a 1st grader and Addyson is off to Pre-K!  Even though Addyson hadn't attended her 1st day of school yet and I didn't have all of my photos uploaded I wrote this post last week sharing some fun Back to School ideas.  Now that the 1st days for both girls are behind us I have some more photos to share.

Here are our 1st Day of School photos:

Rylee the 1st grader!

Addyson the Pre-Kindergardener! 

And here are some photos of our special Back to School breakfast table set-up:

Each of the girls got a new book and a card from Mommy and Daddy.

DIY placemats, pencil bundles and an apple
at each place setting.
Last year when I was the Chair of the Parent/Teacher Committee at our preschool I purchased this printable party package to use for a Welcome Back breakfast for the staff.  One of the great things about these printable packages is that you can save the files and use them later too:)  So that's what I did!  The patterned paper on the placemats is from the printable package.  I just glued it to a sheet of yellow construction paper - and voila!  A fun placemat!

Another element from the package was an alphabet pennant banner.  I only used some of the letters because stringing all 26 of them seemed like too much work the night before school was set to start.  I used some twine to string the letters A-H along with the apple pennants on each end and I hung the banner on our bannister.  Perfect for picture taking!

Unfortunately you can't see the banner that well but it's there:)
And the kids thought it was fun!

Happy New School Year to everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment